Backlinks are one of the important bases used by search engines when ranking a website. However, only websites that use high-quality backlinks have the chance to rank on the first page of a search engine. So if you want to include backlinks on your website, you must first know what to have and what not.
Anyway, don’t worry, I got you all covered. In this article, I’ll show you how to find backlinks that you can effectively use for your website.
But before that, you’ll need to understand first what backlinks are and how they work. This is important because only then will you know what backlinks you will need.
How Backlinks Work?
Backlinks are always on the list of experienced SEO strategists when setting up a website.
You can think of backlinks as the way websites connect with one another.
Here’s an example:
A blogger named Wil writes an interesting article about a particular food. While Gordon, another blogger, links to Wil’s articles when sharing his thoughts about food. Now, since Gordon uses a high-ranking website, Gordon’s blog becomes a backlink to Wil’s blog.
And think of this, high-ranking websites tend to have more backlinks. This means Wil’s blog potentially will increase its rank since it’s been linked to a reputable website.
So it’s going to be a win-win for both.
Cool right? Even so, you still need to be careful when finding backlinks for your website. There are two types of backlinks you need to know. And if you’re not careful search engines might end up penalizing or de-indexing your website.
Two Types of Backlinks
There are two types of backlinks, let’s take a quick look at each one and know who’s more valuable.
1. Nofollow Tag
A website that’s encoded with a nofollow tag tells search engines to ignore linking attempts. This implies that even if you backlink this website they typically won’t help improve your search rank or visibility.
2. Dofollow Links
Dofollow links are the type of backlinks that you want to have. Most of these links come from websites that have more value. Examples of these are the websites that show on the first page of a search engine. If you backlink a website that has a dofollow link you are likely to improve your ranking.
But not all websites that have dofollow links can be used as backlinks. There are a lot of suspicious websites that use dofollow links. Never use these websites as backlinks because mostly these sites disregard search engine ethics.
So before you use a website as a backlink, examine it first. And remember, it’s not about the number of backlinks, but rather it’s quality that makes the difference in ranking.
You can check this website for more information about how to check NoFollow and DoFollow links on a website.
Now that you have the basic ideas about backlinks, let’s proceed with finding backlinks.
How to Find Backlinks?
Finding backlinks to your website might take time and effort. So you must know how and where to start.
I gathered 8 simple ways that can help you find quality backlinks for your website.
- Add links to your site using your social media profiles.
- Do a Google search for a post that’s already in high rank and then improve and expand it.
- Do competitive backlink research and see the backlinks of your competitors who are ranking well.
- Create infographics then embedded with relevant videos. Enriching your content with multimedia usually gets more backlinks compared to standard posts.
- Write the ultimate guide content like “how-to” and “why”. These are very long posts containing thousands of words and covering an array of topics.
- Try to write guest posts on other websites
- Introduce your service to other influencers in your niche and tell them about an article on your site that they may want to link to.
- Try Interviewing other influencers in your industry and give them a link to your website. They might end up linking to your site.
- Backlinks are one of the important bases used by search engines when ranking a website. Even so, you still need to be careful when finding backlinks for your website. Only websites that use high-quality backlinks have the chance to rank on the first page of a search engine.
- Before you use a website as a backlink, examine it first. Nofollow and Dofollow tags are two types of backlinks you need to know.
- You must know how and where to start. Follow the 8 simple ways to find high-quality backlinks.
I hope that by reading this guide you have learned what backlinks are, and how you can find backlinks to grow your website.
Your next step now is to come up with a strategic plan to use SEO Backlinks.
Join my course today! I help entrepreneurs, influencers and coaches like you to learn the best SEO backlink strategy.
If you have more questions don’t hesitate to write them down in the comment section.